Welcome to jdrgaming.com Tuesday, October 15 2024 @ 05:28 PM PDT

jdrgaming.com Forums

Forum Index > Tanks 'n Planes Unlimited > TPU discussion New Topic Post Reply
 Battlefield 1942 Steam Deck Report
Prev Topic

Sasha Martin
 Saturday, August 03 2024 @ 09:17 PM PDT (Read 222 times)  

determined

Forum User

Over the past week, I have tried to perfect Battlefield 1942 on the Steam Deck

Steam Deck is linux-based, and uses SteamOS, very much different from WindowsOS and sometimes there are different processes in doing things with SteamOS.

So I downloaded Battlefield 1942 on the Steam Deck, via desktop mode.

So far, I can only play the base game itself, there is no option to add in expansion packs for the game at this time so therefore, any server that is currently on TRTR maps or SWOWWII, I cannot join it.

I can play on the server in a general sense, I had to tone down the sensitivity for the joysticks and I can jump, shoot, zoom in, change weapons, and crouch.

Unfortunately I am not able to add the game to the Steam library for some reason, I have to configure controls in the game itself and I am not able to: Reload and Prone.

This is not the final product, I am considering doing a full reinstall to see if I can try to get the game added to the Steam library and download the expansion packs again to where I can add them in the game via Steam Deck.

Look for my name: Meepyon Steam Deck Test for the time being as I am trying to configure everything to ensure Battlefield 1942 works golden on the Steam Deck.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.06 seconds New Topic Post Reply
 All times are PDT. The time is now 05:28 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content