Welcome to jdrgaming.com Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 03:22 AM PDT

jdrgaming.com Forums

Forum Index > Everything else > General discussion New Topic Post Reply
 cheers or jeers
Prev Topic Next Topic

[TPU]Sisko
 Sunday, January 22 2012 @ 03:31 AM PST (Read 1654 times)  

Forum User

You know, I got to thinking about something kinda cool. Lately, I have had some extra time to play a little more "shift changed" anyways, when I would be in game and I would hear good things mostly and some jeers. So why v don't we have a little place to post "what you love or what annoys you?" Like a cheers or jeers, that place where people can speak freely on everything. I have a few myself and would get great feed back with out it being in the toll board for voting. Would be design just for this only,like here is a made up one" I wish we had more tigers at so and so? Or I like "this map" etc,etc?" I think the board would fill up soon if players wanted to pass something alone..

Profile Email Website
Jeff Rivett (site admin)
 Sunday, January 22 2012 @ 07:53 AM PST  

Admin

Site Admin

Sounds like a good idea. There's already a Suggestions forum for TPU, and one for jdrgaming.com, but what you're talking about would be a bit different. Should this new forum apply only to TPU, or would it also apply to jdrgaming.com, or would it include an even wider topic range?

-- Jeff (boot13)

Profile Email Website
[TPU]Sisko
 Monday, January 23 2012 @ 04:08 AM PST  

Forum User

It would be mostly inclined to TPU yes. But, be a topic that deals with feedback to: Map's,mods and players wishes. Here are a few I have heard recently in regards to BF42" well all mods" and BF1918 on TPU. BF42 "why map restarts when I am only the one in and a player comes in?" "I been playing this map for two hours and I have to start over?" Some know why but it seem most do not and this really gets under players skin. I know there is nothing that can be done but I feel their pain. 2nd one is a question of being annoyed is in BF1918 ,some I have seen a lot enjoying this mod when it was on wildcard day before DCx and recently. Question I get? Why so many maps crash in Bf1918? I like this mod but it crashes on a lot of maps. I've seen a pattern myself and most map's crash if your in a map for a long time" I would say more than 40 minutes" other reasons for the topic would be to post a annoying thing players have with players. Here is one: I don't like it when players tk to stop a bot or human from getting in a tank or plane so they can get it. So yes, a cheers or jeers on what's on your mind. Just a idea and may not be a great one but worth telling anyhow.

Profile Email Website
Jeff Rivett (site admin)
 Monday, January 23 2012 @ 05:22 AM PST  

Admin

Site Admin

I've added a new forum to the TPU section, called 'Cheers and Jeers'.

The problem of the game restarting when the second player joins is something I've wanted to fix for a long time but it's buried deep in the game code and as such will take some serious debugging and a binary patch to fix. That particular issue was covered in my 'wish list' post a while back:

http://jdrgaming.com/geeklog/article.php?story=20110130052542505

-- Jeff (boot13)

Profile Email Website
Content generated in: 0.06 seconds New Topic Post Reply
 All times are PDT. The time is now 03:22 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content