The Race Track

Page navigation

Prev Topic Next Topic

[TPU]Hellfire
 Friday, December 09 2011 @ 11:39 PM PST  

Junior
happy

Forum User

Wow Ryda, It sounds like you've been working hard to bring about one of the coolest maps around. Really looking forward to the Christmas Special Edition(or CSE,as I like to call it), and dude.....Thanks. Big Grin

Profile Email Website
Jeff Rivett (site admin)
 Saturday, December 10 2011 @ 07:00 AM PST  

Admin

Site Admin

Sounds good to me. Can't wait to see it. Are we going to do a separate installer and remove it from the DR map pack, or update the DR map pack installer as well?

-- Jeff (boot13)

Profile Email Website
[TPU]Darkryda
 Saturday, December 10 2011 @ 09:29 AM PST  

Chatty

Forum User

well since i didnt make any changes to the other maps, just the race track. i was thinking about just removing it from the map pack and making a new installer for just the race track(next year we might even change it again, who knows) right now it is done and ready but i want to get as many people's intials on it i can.
i dont know how hard it is to set up the installers, if its easier to get replace it with the current one in the map pack, thats fine. i just thought since everyone will only need the new version of the race track it would be easier to just have an installer for just that map. but im not the one making the installers, so thats ur call, jeff
whatever is best

Profile Email
Jeff Rivett (site admin)
 Sunday, December 11 2011 @ 07:28 AM PST  

Admin

Site Admin

Developing a new installer just for the Race Track would take me about 20 minutes. Once an installer has been set up and tested, compiling a new installer executable when maps change requires very little effort. So really, either way works for me. But it would probably be a good idea to have only one official version of Race Track out there, to avoid problems. Also, of course, TPU will only ever be running one version (the latest). If you are planning to update the Race Track in the future, then I recommend removing it from the map pack and setting up a separate installer for it. If you plan to leave it alone now, then we should just update the map pack.

-- Jeff (boot13)

Profile Email Website
[TPU]Darkryda
 Tuesday, December 13 2011 @ 07:24 AM PST  

Chatty

Forum User

28 nmaes are now on the board!! only 6 days left to get on board.

i dont plan to upgrade the race track for a long time after the deadline of dec 20, so act now if u want in

Profile Email

Page navigation

Content generated in: 0.07 seconds New Topic Post Reply
 All times are PDT. The time is now 05:32 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content