Welcome to jdrgaming.com Wednesday, April 24 2024 @ 06:34 PM PDT

jdrgaming.com Forums

Forum Index > Tanks 'n Planes Unlimited > TPU suggestions New Topic Post Reply
 TPU medals of honor
Prev Topic Next Topic

[TPU]Sisko
 Wednesday, June 01 2011 @ 01:43 PM PDT (Read 2466 times)  

hot

Forum User

Would anyone be interested in having additional medals for new categories? Lets say a medal for the most kills in dogfights,a medal for the most accurate bomb runs and air to ground assault kills,a medal for the most reinforcements kills when reinforcements is needed,maybe a naval medal for the best ship to ship and land kills,and I can keep on naming them but I would not mind if anyone would have any thoughts on this? This is also a good way attract more players to come to TPU. But this would totally be on a merit system,and a little harder to get. It would make things spiced up a bit. So if this is something you would like to see please post back. If not in BF or BG then on DC?

Profile Email Website
Jeff Rivett (site admin)
 Thursday, June 02 2011 @ 08:25 AM PDT  

Admin

Site Admin

Your idea sounds interesting. The main problem I see with it is that while the current medal system is automated (based on game stats), the medals you're talking about would be difficult to automate. Well, actually, now that I think about it, kills with specific kinds of weapons and vehicles are already tracked in the stats, so that one should be possible with some programming. There's already a medal for repairing I think. As for air to ground, that one might be tricky.

Basically, it comes down to me doing some programming (to modify the existing stats system) or someone coming up with a process whereby medal recipients are chosen (or nominated and voted upon) at stated intervals (monthly?) Either way has shortcomings, but should be workable. The difficulty is time. I don't have much brainpower left after my day job so digging into the stats code doesn't sound too appealing to me. Still, it can't hurt to look.

What other possible medals can you think of?

-- Jeff (boot13)

Profile Email Website
[TPU]Sisko
 Thursday, June 02 2011 @ 10:12 AM PDT  

groggy

Forum User

Well, only the ones left I can think of that would be cool :Medal of Bravery,metal for Patriotism,Air medal, army of good conduct medal <--this is a good one and maybe a made up one for like axis campaign medal and the allied campaign medal. I don't think there is a server that have anything like this. Just a thought, but hey even though it may not be possible,it still sounds good.Smile

Profile Email Website
[TPU]Sisko
 Thursday, June 30 2011 @ 01:54 PM PDT  

angelic

Forum User

You know even tho my idea didn't seem practical and I see that now. Recently I was playing BG with it's new upgrades & something did come to my mind. DarkRyda and Mojo. So many players don't even know just how much blood sweat and tears DR and TM put into these maps so that everyone can enjoy the best server with the best bad ass maps that is out there. I wish there was a way DR and TM can have some type "in game" recognition of the hard work. Because when I play on these mods I'm like"wow" and with there artistic minds bring so many new players. I have not heard of one server that could even come close to the mods done on TPU. And if there is not a way I want to say to DarkRyda and Mojo "I thank you for all your hard work in all maps you both spend so much time on and don't see them as much."

Profile Email Website
Jeff Rivett (site admin)
 Saturday, July 02 2011 @ 07:05 AM PDT  

Admin

Site Admin

Quote by: [TPU]DSisko

I wish there was a way DR and TM can have some type "in game" recognition of the hard work.

I know what you mean. I'd like to have an option for the main contributors to appear with a special colour or icon for their player name in the game. Mine would show up with something that means "owner/operator" and the others as "admin". Also, I think the best place to give map credit would be in the image show during map loading, which is how the BG42 maps work. But I don't think that's possible without making a map download necessary. So, for lack of something better, I've created the 'admins' page on jdrgaming.com. Maybe I could add a line in the server announcements that show up during the game: "Map mods by DarkRyda, TenaciousMojo and Boot13." What do you think?

-- Jeff (boot13)

Profile Email Website
[TPU]Sisko
 Saturday, July 02 2011 @ 07:29 AM PDT  

working

Forum User

To have a way for players to know even in the server announcements that you, Dark and Mojo are the magical minds behind theses one of a kind map mods is a great idea! Yes I like this a lot.

Profile Email Website
*GP* not-a-bot
 Saturday, July 02 2011 @ 02:06 PM PDT  

Junior

Forum User

I think adding grey text in-game giving credit to map/mod contributors is a great idea. Something could also be put in the welcome screen showing map information when you first connect.

Profile Email
[TPU]Sisko
 Wednesday, July 13 2011 @ 10:22 AM PDT  

surprised

Forum User

Jeff, today I seen the new in game announcements and I want to say thanks for adding that. It looks great! Surprised!

Profile Email Website
Content generated in: 0.10 seconds New Topic Post Reply
 All times are PDT. The time is now 06:34 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content