Welcome to jdrgaming.com Tuesday, March 19 2024 @ 02:44 AM PDT

jdrgaming.com Forums

Forum Index > Everything else > General discussion New Topic Post Reply
 Return of base campers

Page navigation

Prev Topic Next Topic

[TPU]Sisko
 Thursday, July 12 2012 @ 01:02 AM PDT (Read 11108 times)  

Forum User

I have received five complaints from regulars concerning base campers. I must say, after my own experience watching these players literally run you over, just to get that lead, to me, is a poor excuse of team work and being selfish. Why? What is it that drives you to do this? To beef up your stats? I don't base like this and I'm in 1st place without trying to be. Granted that some maps there aren't much you can do and you move forward to the enemy main base and just fire at will.

I was in EOD tonight and a player ran me off the road in a tank to get a head of me 3 times [no sorry or anything] and I worked hard in those maps to win and to see players do this is just retarded and so wrong, but I was filming EOD anyways and will use my footage in my up coming videos, and there is that "I'm gonna race you to the flag to get it and it doesn't matter if I tk you" how rude! Yes, Sisko is very sore from seeing this kind of play and I'm tired of getting complain about this, not that I mind complaints. No, not at all. There's got to be a way we can resolve this. Maybe a friendly grey text asking nicely not to camp, please be courteous to others. It really takes the fun out of playing.

But It boils down to to this: Base camping is fine on some maps but, take BF42 bob, you're on the allied team, someone gets in a tank at the axis base and fire at will when the Ju88's full of bots leave, your owning the map and It leaves everybody else mad, I have seen player after player leave in this map when they do this. I am also a very kind admin who really don't like to kick players and Dark is the same way. However, I think this is a rule that should be just as important as players being on the wrong team when kicking. Maybe I am just annoyed and sore at this, who knows? In EOD, this is a hard mod [but all so cool] that needs team work to win and when a player comes in and rack up kills by base camping after you just spent a hour doing it all and gets a higher score is way lame and should be kicked.

I get sore at that fact that most who do this are TPU's regulars and maybe some think they can rack up points by base camping, only if they knew It doesn't really help. If indeed that is the case then let me give some advice to those who want to beef up their stats: When you do everything in a map and I mean everything sea, land and base capture is how you get high. Thats how I play and by what the stats say, this method works hands down. Okay, yes, I'm venting off all this sorry.

A thank you goes out to players that come to me with this, it's appreciated. TPU is all about catering to players and their needs and request. I believe that is why TPU is such a great server for BF42, BG42, DCx, BF1918 and EOD. We care for our players and if it wasn't for players like you, TPU would not be around. Thanks!

Profile Email Website
Jeff Rivett (site admin)
 Thursday, July 12 2012 @ 04:11 AM PDT  

Admin

Site Admin

Well, that certainly sucks. I'm glad the problem was reported to an admin; that's how things are supposed to work. Your examples - especially the Battle of Britain one - are very helpful. Someone sitting at the Axis base, killing Axis planes as they are taking off, is just taking advantage of stupid bot behaviour. As we all know, the bots in BF1942 are very good at some things (mostly shooting), but terrible at other things. Finding and exploiting bot weaknesses is essentially cheating, and takes all the fun out of the game for everyone else. Yes, I think people should be warned, told to read the rules, and kicked if they don't listen to admins about this. If the problem persists, we can definitely add a new message to the in-game announcements; something like: "Camping at un-cappable bases will get you kicked." Of course, as you said, there are situations where camping is the only thing left to do, but that's a special case.

-- Jeff (boot13)

Profile Email Website
*GP* not-a-bot
 Thursday, July 12 2012 @ 07:47 PM PDT  

Junior

Forum User

Sisko,
PLEASE do not be afraid to kick a player who is disruptive to the game to everyone else. You may bruise that person's feelings, but believe me, you will win respect from the other players that you did something about it. Otherwise, you could drive off many for the sake of one. If a server has active, fair, admins, it will attract and retain good players. I know it sucks to stop actively playing in-game to babysit troublemakers, but in the end it is worth it for the health of the server.

I now relinquish the soap box to the next person............

NAB

Profile Email
[TPU]Sisko
 Friday, July 13 2012 @ 03:53 AM PDT  

Forum User

I do not have a problem kicking players, I just have a very thick skin. As for ones ego, I could careless. Myself and Dark are fair and slow to anger Admins however, having a hot head will still solve nothing. I guess if I had to say something in all this, I wish players would grow up and stop acting like kids, this is not Mario bros.

Profile Email Website
[TPU]TenaciousMojo
 Saturday, July 14 2012 @ 11:43 PM PDT  

Forum User

While we are on the topic regarding annoying player behavior of late, I wish to add something. I'm addressing the individuals that watch and wait for me to cap all the flags, whilst getting themselves in a position to camp the bots in their remaining spawn. There's quite a few variations of this theme, but it ends the same way. I don't play nearly as often as I used to, but I experience this almost every time I play. I cant even begin to express how F*cking irratating it is. It's dishonorable game play, and It makes me prefer playing alone. And to top it off, if they don't get the high score by the time the map nears it's end, they quit. Makes me think these guys cant stand not being the top-scorer. This is supposed to be about team play. Cooperation. For me the game is so much more gratifying when I remove ALL of the enemy spawns. I like to compare the best times (IE : least amount of time taken to to win ) in the stats for closing out any particular map. Of course I like killing scores of bots at once too. It's amusing owning the bastards, watching dozens of bots being hurled into the air at once. But it isn't in the least difficult. I actually find it rather boring after a while. The only time you will find me doing it is in support of my team, like when the last remaining enemy flag is un-cappable. Otherwise I'll be doing everything I can to breach their last spawn, kill them all and shut down their ability to fight, so i can watch their tickets bleed away to zero.. THAT is winning to me. If I had my way I would make all Mainflags cappable in almost every map, like the way i modded Guadalcanal.
P.S. I really hope you dudes that do this are reading this, so you can know that I don't give a SHIT what your scores are. Try playing like I just said, then you can talk smack.

On a completely different note, I finally found the dirt-bag that likes using the Aimbot cheat and frequent's our Wake map. He preferes the big team, and singles out/hunts humans in general. He was going by the name "Joe" this time. My i.p. trace put him in Vancouver, near a Childrens hospital. Just F.Y.I. I cant remember the last time I banned someone, but this douchebag got the forever kind.

Profile Email
[TPU]Sisko
 Sunday, July 15 2012 @ 12:29 AM PDT  

Forum User

Oh man, I hear ya! You and I when we are in EOD it's all about team work. Thats why when we go for a flag, I usually head around the back and once the coast is clear and yet the flag is still grey, I move on as you secure the flag. You also do the same for me and that's priceless, although recently I nad you a few times "caught up in the moment" sorry about that. The game is so way more fun when everyone works together. All we can do is offer friendship and still try to talk to them, maybe they can come around and be a part of the bigger picture. I hope for that, Dark has been in overdrive talking to new players lately "during bf42 days" getting to know them at a high rate of success too. But I feel that some players that have their own motives will move on eventually, I rather keep them on if they can turn around and not be such a snot.

As for the player Joe, I had a run in with him the other day in BoB. He mined me as I was taking off in a Ju88, he left right after when my bot nailed him from the rear gunner lol-->he was on the right team at that. The next time I see him, I will watch him very closely to see if he indeed is a human hunter and if that is the case, I will ban him myself and send Jeff all the info on it.

Profile Email Website
Jeff Rivett (site admin)
 Sunday, July 15 2012 @ 03:26 AM PDT  

Admin

Site Admin

Quote by: [TPU]TenaciousMojo

Of course I like killing scores of bots at once too. It's amusing owning the bastards, watching dozens of bots being hurled into the air at once. But it isn't in the least difficult. I actually find it rather boring after a while. The only time you will find me doing it is in support of my team, like when the last remaining enemy flag is un-cappable. Otherwise I'll be doing everything I can to breach their last spawn, kill them all and shut down their ability to fight, so i can watch their tickets bleed away to zero.. THAT is winning to me.

I agree completely. For example, playing as Axis in Berlin, if we've pushed the Russians back to their base, they spawn in huge waves from there, and to capture that final point is both extremely difficult and extremely satisfying. But it usually takes a team effort, with some players keeping the Russians occupied from the front, while someone sneaks around the back to take the flag. I randomly choose which task I'll do, depending on my mood. But waiting around for someone else to do all the capturing, then setting up to rack up tons of kills, is lame. The problem is that it's sometimes hard to to know for sure what's going on in the mind of someone doing this - it's hard to know for sure what their motivation is. All we can really do is watch them and see if a pattern develops, then ask them to modify their behaviour.

Quote by: [TPU]TenaciousMojo

On a completely different note, I finally found the dirt-bag that likes using the Aimbot cheat and frequent's our Wake map. He preferes the big team, and singles out/hunts humans in general. He was going by the name "Joe" this time. My i.p. trace put him in Vancouver, near a Childrens hospital. Just F.Y.I. I cant remember the last time I banned someone, but this douchebag got the forever kind.

Wow, that guy really deserved to be banned. Thanks for getting rid of him. For the record, if you have his IP address, you should add that to the ban list as well, because it's easy to find GUID-generator software for BF42. Or send it to me and I'll do it.

-- Jeff (boot13)

Profile Email Website
Jeff Rivett (site admin)
 Sunday, July 15 2012 @ 03:28 AM PDT  

Admin

Site Admin

Quote by: [TPU]Sisko

As for the player Joe, I had a run in with him the other day in BoB. He mined me as I was taking off in a Ju88, he left right after when my bot nailed him from the rear gunner lol-->he was on the right team at that. The next time I see him, I will watch him very closely to see if he indeed is a human hunter and if that is the case, I will ban him myself and send Jeff all the info on it.

Yeah, we don't need players like that on TPU. Anyone doing stuff like that should be banned. After a warning, of course.

-- Jeff (boot13)

Profile Email Website
[TPU]Darkryda
 Sunday, July 15 2012 @ 06:46 AM PDT  

Chatty

Forum User

i have a few points to make.

first is this, at my job im 1 of the top techs. but when there is a problem with 1 of the techs we are all pulled into a room and the words always go like this "i dont wanna say no names" or "im not gonna throw anyone under the bus, but...." i really really really hate that shit. to me im waisting my time in the meeting, cause the topic does not apply to me.
i always want to say, ur talking about frank, why dont u say "hey frank!! ur doing this wrong, stop it, u make all the techs look bad, and its not fair to get on all these guys to address a problem u are causing.
i think saying names will always make a bigger impact, and keep guys that are following the rules think "hell yeah take that frank!!!"
my point is maybe we should start saying and listing names of problem people in public. it will start a reputatuion for that person, and iv found the biggest ego damage comes from putting people on the spot.
if people are doing things just for stats, their ego is based on the stats. hiding what they done to get those stats. if it is said what they do to get the stats it makes they stats meaningless.
comes down to my old saying ------> "if you dont want people talking about you that way, dont do it" and u guys know me, i like to talk shit, i like to keep things real.
maybe the time has come to start listing names, here and in-game.

the next thing is.... years ago when TM started playing on tpu, he pecked away at my top score and stole it from me, i just couldnt hold onto it any more, hes way better than me. and since i cant play as much due to my job, i have no chance to be top score holder anymore, lol especially with sisko and reblescout now playing at tpu. so now i come up with new things to do in different maps, since i cant impress myself with stats anymore, i challenge myself with-in certain fights.
for example, in Kursk, i like to play as axis, and my main goal is to get an orange russian tank. ill even set ground rules for myself, like i can only spawn at my main base and drive all the way thru the enemy lines, take out as many tanks as i can on my way to the orange tank. sometimes i can take out 15 tanks, sometimes i actually get me a russian tank and bring it out of the russian base back to a safe area and repair it to new. now when i do this, im helping everyone, taking out alot of big guns. im sure i look like a bad ass, insane, fearless, i rack up alot of deaths for myself, lol, and even modivate others to charge.
this is way more fun than base bombing.instead of making bodies fly around from 1/2 mile away, im flinging bodies everywhere, even blowing them into the air and driving under them, sometimes they get stuck on my tank and i see the dead guys face thru my gun as hes laying on my tank, lol
another thing i enjoy doing is at gazala, i make myself spawn at the main base all the time, and drive all the way to the fight. this lag time lets the bots load up on tanks, and thats what i want. i want to take on atleast 5-8 tanks at once everytime i come to the front. i always let them keep 1 flag so the map doesnt come down to a main base rape. of course when other are there ill spawn closer and fight as a team, but i really enjoy challening myself like that,
at el alamien i kind do the same thing, alway spawn at main base, travel all the way across the map but this time i dont let them have any flags, the lag time it take me to cross the desert gives them time to regroup and take a flag, but here i come over a hill, always moving and shooting, tank after tank explodes, shots go past me constantly, maybe 10% actually hit me since i never stop moving and bobin and weaving. retake the flag and push them back till im dead. then do it all again
at tobruk as axis i enjoy pushing the allies back to their main base, instead of cutting them off from it, when they only have the main base they put up one of the best fights in the game, if u can take that flag last ur the shit, and thats bigger bragging rights than any stats

this is my way of continuing to enjoy battlefield, coming up with personal challenges makes the gamer harder and improves my skills, can anyone say im not 1 of the best tankers?? who else can land a shot on the move, bouncing all over the place, even roll it off a hill and still landing shots, and even landing on my tracks and taking out.

i may not be the man in stats anymore, but i hold alot of records that are never mentioned. also im not sore because i cant be 1st in stats. to me its like this, my plan was to bring in alot of people, i wanted more people to play at TPU than just me, so every single time someone beats me in stats, kills, whatever. it reminds me, this is what i wanted, more people, how can i complain about that.

so the jist of what im saying here is, maybe we should start naming names and what those names are doing. and start coming up with personal challenges. not just goals to hold a certain stats

Profile Email
[TPU]Sisko
 Sunday, July 15 2012 @ 02:39 PM PDT  

Forum User

"I meant to say he was on the wrong team at that. So, being on wrong team and human hunting? Talk about a rule cocktail mess."

Profile Email Website

Page navigation

Content generated in: 0.13 seconds New Topic Post Reply
 All times are PDT. The time is now 02:44 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content