Welcome to jdrgaming.com Monday, March 18 2024 @ 08:17 PM PDT

jdrgaming.com Forums

Forum Index > Everything else > General discussion New Topic Post Reply
 Team-Speak
Prev Topic Next Topic

[TPU]Hellfire
 Thursday, March 15 2012 @ 10:44 PM PDT (Read 2222 times)  

Junior
thoughtful

Forum User

You know, I've been thinking about putting team-speak on my comp but am not sure if its worth it. I know that when it comes to Halo 3 and COD MW3 its pretty cool but I'm almost willing to bet that it would affect gameplay when its comes to BF1942. Thoughts?

Profile Email Website
*GP* not-a-bot
 Friday, March 16 2012 @ 07:06 AM PDT  

Junior

Forum User

HF,
TS works pretty well. There was an update to TS3 at one point (probably a year ago) that screwed up sound from your buddies while in-game, but I think subsequent updates corrected it. On my old PC it didn't affect game play much at all, and definitely made the experience more fun! Biggest downside I had was that I would get so distracted from cracking up at jokes and stories that my gameplay would get crappy.

Profile Email
Jeff Rivett (site admin)
 Saturday, March 17 2012 @ 08:55 AM PDT  

Admin

Site Admin

I was running Teamspeak for a while, in preparation for participation in fleet operations in EVE online. The client seemed stable enough, but I never actually used it in-game. The group I'm involved with in that game eventually gave up on Teamspeak and switched to Mumble, and so far everyone seems to prefer it.

The problem with running any kind of voice server is the bandwidth requirements. A while back there were several requests to host a TS server for TPU, but when I looked at the bandwidth required I decided it just wasn't practical. Perhaps it's time to take another look, though: the Internet pipe to the building is a lot bigger than it used to be, and I also have another server I could use to host the service, so it wouldn't interfere with the TPU machine.

One more thought: if we start using voice comms, we should also find (or create) and post as many maps as we can to the site. Maps that identify spawnpoints by their place names. Makes for clearer communications.

-- Jeff (boot13)

Profile Email Website
DracoDrake
 Saturday, March 17 2012 @ 08:21 PM PDT  

Junior

Forum User

hey if its possible im down with that. though you gota get used to my drill sgt voice XD

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.04 seconds New Topic Post Reply
 All times are PDT. The time is now 08:17 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content