Welcome to jdrgaming.com Tuesday, March 19 2024 @ 03:06 AM PDT

jdrgaming.com Forums

Forum Index > Tanks 'n Planes Unlimited > TPU ban list New Topic Post Reply
 Another Ass-hat. Big time.

Page navigation

Prev Topic

[TPU]Hellfire
 Tuesday, March 13 2012 @ 08:12 PM PDT (Read 7391 times)  

Junior
angry

Forum User

Ok. This is starting to really aggro me. Are these people illiterate or just plain pain-in-the-asses? I mean, if they could read then they'd see the server rules flashing at them through the whole game, right? And this particular individual was also a base camper who goes by the name of "Chase". Very original. This pre-pubescent little shit ruined a perfect game for me, and I mean, c'mon, how often does this happen? I know its just a silly comp game but when u get used to playing with players with certain standards, these pond-scum resembling individuals can really get under your skin. This is one fellow who I would love to never see again on TPU. And even though, as mentioned before, the rules are CLEARLY explained and displayed, I did try to persuade him to switch sides and stop base camping but was ignored. Just as a footnote, does the server have an auto-kick for wrong team? I don't even know if that's realistic but it sure would have been nice, but I also know that sometimes people are OK with Human VS Human(including me), so how would that work? Probably wouldn't. Like I said, just an
after-thought.

Regards, [TPU]Hellfire.

Profile Email Website
[TPU]Sisko
 Tuesday, March 13 2012 @ 08:24 PM PDT  

Forum User

Hellfire, thanks for the report. I am sorry I wasn't watching at the time, as Boot spoke of before: Look at the left hand column, click on the admins tab and look for any admin's email address to contact us personally next time this happens. In the email let us know what happened, the name of the map/mod/player and situation. If we are away from game we would be able to respond more quickly. We can also contact Jeff directly if it is a serious situation (we have his number). Sorry I wasn't there to help you.

Profile Email Website
[TPU]Hellfire
 Tuesday, March 13 2012 @ 11:04 PM PDT  

Junior
happy

Forum User

You Bet Sisk! Next time a situation like this arises I will be sure to drop one of you admins a line. I kinda forgot all about it(email) and in hindsight, it would've probably been more appropriate. Thnx for the speedy reply, though. Smile

Profile Email Website
[TPU]Sisko
 Wednesday, March 14 2012 @ 12:17 AM PDT  

determined

Forum User

No problem Hellfire, I'm sorry you had to endure that. It is a goal of all admins to keep a check in or out of the game constantly. However, they will be times when no admins will be on duty in game or by remote. With that, we encourage all players on TPU to report anything when we are not on, no matter how little the problem is, please send in reports. Having players feedback is something TPU highly recommend.

Profile Email Website
Jeff Rivett (site admin)
 Wednesday, March 14 2012 @ 04:22 AM PDT  

Admin

Site Admin

Sounds like another 'winner' you found there. Sorry I wasn't around to kick him. The TPU server's monitor died so I'm less aware of what's going on with TPU than I should be. That problem will be resolved soon.

-- Jeff (boot13)

Profile Email Website
[TPU]Darkryda
 Wednesday, March 14 2012 @ 04:56 PM PDT  

Chatty

Forum User

for the record... emailing me may not get a swift responce. i dont check my email regulary all day long, just maybe once a day. u can of course send me emails about problems, such as player names and what they do, complaints, complaints about me, lol, dont matter. ill eventually get around to it and discuss with other admin dudes. but i dont want people sitting around waiting for me to respond to a problem "right now", cause ill probly let u down.
i could check emails in the day and find out about a problem, but im pretty useless with out my gamer machine, i cant put the remotemanager on any of my work lap tops/ ipad tablets. so i have no power there. and they aint powerful enuff<----- lol enuff, to run battlefield on, i cant even come into a game to throw people out, unless im using my computer at the house.

i would also encourage people to list a players name on the blog here and stating the problem they have with that person. people tend to hide when the spotlight is on em. im not saying its cool to bash people here, lol but if they see people talking about them doing wrong it will make them think a bit. it may even get them to defend themself aswell

Profile Email
[TPU]Hellfire
 Wednesday, March 14 2012 @ 05:38 PM PDT  

Junior
happy

Forum User

Thnx very much Jeff and admins. I really appreciate the effort you guys put in to this server to keep it one of the best(if not the best) places to have fun rockin on of the all-time greatest games ever made. I will continue to keep an eye out and report any more "special" indivuiduals. Thanks again.

Profile Email Website
[TPU]Sisko
 Wednesday, March 14 2012 @ 05:57 PM PDT  

Forum User

Dark, I also have a mac and we also use mac at work. I use a small software called wine bottler. It will work with ipads and ipads2, the file name to download is winebottlercombo_1.1.44.dmg and just follow the instructions. Being that I can't install Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac on my work computer, this is my only other way to use the RM at work. I've been using this software for almost a yr so far, bout the time the dept, converted to mac and it works great.

Profile Email Website
[TPU]Sisko
 Wednesday, March 14 2012 @ 06:01 PM PDT  

Forum User

forgot to say something very important doc, if you do download this software, make sure you put the RM exe anywhere other than the desktop because if you do, it will not find the exe each time you go to log on however, in a folder in a folder works great for me <---sounds weird but it works.

Profile Email Website
[TPU]Darkryda
 Wednesday, March 14 2012 @ 07:52 PM PDT  

Chatty

Forum User

sorry i need to be clear, when i said i cant put the remote on my work stuff, i mean, im sure they aint gonna go for that, lol
i could zip drive the remote no problem to the work lap top

Profile Email

Page navigation

Content generated in: 0.11 seconds New Topic Post Reply
 All times are PDT. The time is now 03:06 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content