Welcome to jdrgaming.com Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 03:41 PM PDT

jdrgaming.com Forums

Forum Index > Everything else > General discussion New Topic Post Reply
 Allied/Axis Rotation

Page navigation

Prev Topic Next Topic

[TPU]Sisko
 Wednesday, July 06 2011 @ 05:06 PM PDT (Read 5871 times)  

rockin

Forum User

I have notice that every once and a while Allied/Axis would not change when rotation can up (would be in 12hrs)and recently I was asked by a lot of players that they like the 12hr deal and ask if TPU would ever increase the time for Allied/Axis from 6hrs to 12hrs. Of course I don't have that kind of info and told them to visit jdrgaming for new ideas/suggestions. To me...I really think the rotation "if it was ever to be possible to change"it would NEVER change! I would get tired of being the same Allied/Axis for 12hrs and wouldn't be fun. But being that a lot of players was asking me, I feel it was necessary to bring the topic here anyway.

Profile Email Website
Jeff Rivett (site admin)
 Thursday, July 07 2011 @ 05:40 AM PDT  

Admin

Site Admin

Thanks for letting me know that people are asking about that. I just reviewed the TPU schedule to make sure it's doing what I originally intended, and it does seem to be. As you know, the Allied/Axis ratio flips every six hours. But I also set it up so that the order changes every day: on Tuesdays the human team is Axis>Allies>Axis>Allies, but on Wednesdays it's Allies>Axis>Allies>Axis. The idea was to vary the schedule as much as possible so that people could play on the Axis side in the morning one day and on the Allied side in the morning the next day. Because of this, the transition between days usually leaves the human team the same; in other words, despite the fact that the server switches setups at midnight, usually the human side stays the same.

All of this was done with the goal of maintaining as much variety as possible within the restrictions of the BFSM scheduler.

I'm open to suggestions for changing the daily/weekly TPU schedule. I personally like having six hour shifts, but we could also look at eight or twelve hour shifts, varying the schedule more between days, and so on.

Also I'm still working on setting up a wildcard day, which will initially be DCFinal in six hour shifts.

-- Jeff (boot13)

Profile Email Website
*GP* not-a-bot
 Thursday, July 07 2011 @ 11:04 AM PDT  

Junior

Forum User

I personally have no preference, but I have a suggestion. You could make it a poll question to gauge players' opinions.

Profile Email
[TPU]Sisko
 Thursday, July 07 2011 @ 05:05 PM PDT  

determined

Forum User

Yeah what would throw players off would be when rotation is up and if axis is human team and axis would be again be human for 6hr more hrs but I get the method for BFSM scheduler thanks. But yeah some like more time, I am very happy on where it is now. Tell you what, I am so looking forward on wild card on DC! I am grateful if it would be only like 6hrs because this is a way cool mod and it will spice things up a bit.. Would the lost village be a map? Or just a few BF42 maps to start?

Profile Email Website
Jeff Rivett (site admin)
 Thursday, July 07 2011 @ 06:04 PM PDT  

Admin

Site Admin

Quote by: [TPU]Sisko

I am so looking forward on wild card on DC! I am grateful if it would be only like 6hrs because this is a way cool mod and it will spice things up a bit.. Would the lost village be a map? Or just a few BF42 maps to start?

It's mostly DC versions of BF42 maps plus Basrah's Edge and maybe one or two more.

-- Jeff (boot13)

Profile Email Website
Jeff Rivett (site admin)
 Thursday, July 07 2011 @ 06:05 PM PDT  

Admin

Site Admin

Quote by: GP+not-a-bot

I personally have no preference, but I have a suggestion. You could make it a poll question to gauge players' opinions.

Good idea!

-- Jeff (boot13)

Profile Email Website
[TPU]Sisko
 Thursday, July 07 2011 @ 09:57 PM PDT  

surprised

Forum User

WOOT! well I said it once and I said it a thousand times. TPU is one rocking server that is in a league of its own. "Wow what variety"What spice and what new challenges awaits? BRING THEM!

Profile Email Website
[TPU]Sisko
 Monday, July 11 2011 @ 07:05 PM PDT  

thirsty

Forum User

Say *GP* I have two DDR one 256 and one 512 kingston and two 512 mb sdram sticks and if you want them you can have them and I can send them to you when I get back home. Idea

Profile Email Website
*GP* not-a-bot
 Monday, July 11 2011 @ 08:05 PM PDT  

Junior

Forum User

Sisko,
Thank you for offering memory sticks! My pc uses DDR, but how universal are memory sticks?

Profile Email
[TPU]Sisko
 Monday, July 11 2011 @ 09:36 PM PDT  

nerdy

Forum User

*GP* it should work but do you know how many memory slots your have on your motherboard? 2 or 4? This lets me know what you can max out at. But if you are 512 now and you have only 2 dimm slots I think you maybe max out on your board. Can you tell me what your system is? cpu to please?Jeff, can I get your thoughts? Smile

Profile Email Website

Page navigation

Content generated in: 0.12 seconds New Topic Post Reply
 All times are PDT. The time is now 03:41 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content