Welcome to jdrgaming.com Thursday, April 25 2024 @ 10:27 AM PDT

jdrgaming.com Forums

Forum Index > Everything else > General discussion New Topic Post Reply
 DCx Bocage vehicle vanishing.
Prev Topic Next Topic

[TPU]Sisko
 Tuesday, May 01 2012 @ 01:55 AM PDT (Read 2878 times)  

Forum User

Last night I was in DCx Bocage and what a strange experience I had. Okay, let me know if any of you had this happen on other mods and or maps. It was about five minutes into the map and I died and went to get into a Hind D, just before I went and hit E it disappeared along with Sukhoi Su-25 (frogfoot) I turned around and every other vehicle vanished. But, were they? I can see the bots flying around (allied) over head but just the bodies? Allied had all three flags and as I went to my closest flag, I could hear tanks but couldn't see them. When I died everything was okay and all was as it should be. I never saw a glitch like this and to me, flat out weird and funny. If you would have seen bots flying around just their bodies, you would get a kick. What wrong timing to not have fraps on....

Profile Email Website
Jeff Rivett (site admin)
 Tuesday, May 01 2012 @ 02:13 AM PDT  

Admin

Site Admin

Graphics are all generated at the client end, so whatever was going on was local to your computer. Probably just a memory glitch, but could also have been an issue with your video card. I wouldn't be concerned unless it happens again.

-- Jeff (boot13)

Profile Email Website
*GP* not-a-bot
 Tuesday, May 01 2012 @ 05:33 AM PDT  

Junior

Forum User

Sometimes in DCFinal, if I'm walking around and press C for camera views, the vehicles around me vanish when I go back to regular view. If I click C again I can see the vehicles in 3rd person and sometimes have to cycle through several times back to 1st person before I see them again. Or if I'm near a vehicle and am able to get into it, everything is okay when I exit.

I tried an install of BF42 on a Linux computer once using a newer version of Wine. The bots' bodies were all invisible, but I could see their helmets, belts, and packs and the weapons they carried running around. That was pretty freaky.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.05 seconds New Topic Post Reply
 All times are PDT. The time is now 10:27 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content