Forum Index > Everything else > General discussion New Topic Post Reply
 TPU dogfighting/Darkryda wildcard day

Page navigation

Prev Topic Next Topic

[TPU]Darkryda
 Sunday, April 08 2012 @ 10:51 AM PDT  

Chatty

Forum User

me, mojo and sisko was talking about revamping the current BOBritain (coop). i think it would be a nice change.
i was kinda digging the conquest idea, in the past when we ran the DarkRyda day thing, it was kinda a hit. it wasnt the conquest that drew in the new faces (on that 1 day) it was the CTF, i believe it was karkov that drew in a 10 player crowd. then i thought id mod em up some and kinda messed the second day up, lol.
iv actually already modded up a conquest version, it has every plane and alot less tanks and cars. its ready for testing. but if it aint cool with everyone ill put it on the maybe pile

as for the coop version im gonna get started on the changes.
first im gonna remove a good bit of cars, and move the remaining cars away from airfields.
im gonna increase the number of 88s so bots aint hanging out at axis airfield.
iv already lowered the number of planes spawning to 2, cause of the massive server crashes last year. maybe ill increase them all alittle??
as for the factory, i can increased the time it takes to respawn, like when its blown up it doesnt come back for 10 mins or so.
im gonna keep all the planes where they are

Profile Email
[TPU]Sisko
 Sunday, April 08 2012 @ 01:37 PM PDT  

Forum User

Is it possible to have ships in b.o.b? If bots leave to bomb the ship, would that clear the lag some if not many allied bots flying over the factory?

Profile Email Website
Jeff Rivett (site admin)
 Monday, April 09 2012 @ 05:15 AM PDT  

Admin

Site Admin

Quote by: [TPU]Darkryda

as for the factory, i can increased the time it takes to respawn, like when its blown up it doesnt come back for 10 mins or so.

I can't remember: in the version of BoB currently on TPU, what does it take for Axis to win? Do they have to destroy the factory and all the radar stations at the same time?

-- Jeff (boot13)

Profile Email Website
[TPU]Darkryda
 Monday, April 09 2012 @ 06:28 PM PDT  

Chatty

Forum User

here is the full history of battle of britain on TPU

first it was all default, all the planes respawned, none of the radar building or factory respawned. axis would win by blowing up all buildings, allies would win if they could defend all buildings and kills as many germans as they could untill the german tickets ran down to zero.

first mod---> added more planes, plus b17, added more MGs/AAs/jeeps and kettenkrads. set up all radar buildings and factory to respawn. moved allied soldiers spawn points to airfields.
this set up causes server crashes.
also axis can only win if all buildings are destroyed at the same time and all allied soldiers are killed before an allied building respawned, very hard to do.
or axis can kill 600 allied soldiers before the axis tickets run down to zero

second mod, currently being played on TPU
moved tanks and kettenkrads at axis field to help stop bots from driving them into the runways. changed b17 to illyushin, changed sbd to corsair. lowered all plane spawn rates.
this set up doesnt seem to crash, but sometimes there are no planes to fly, plus bots tend to stand at the axis field.
also axis can only win if all buildings are destroyed at the same time and all allied soldiers are killed before an allied building respawned, very hard to do.
or axis can kill 600 allied soldiers before the axis tickets run down to zero

Profile Email

Page navigation

Content generated in: 0.05 seconds New Topic Post Reply
 All times are PDT. The time is now 03:07 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content