Welcome to jdrgaming.com Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 12:00 PM PDT

jdrgaming.com Forums

Forum Index > Tanks 'n Planes Unlimited > TPU suggestions New Topic Post Reply
 Wildcard days

Page navigation

Prev Topic Next Topic

Jeff Rivett (site admin)
 Sunday, May 15 2011 @ 11:13 AM PDT (Read 14072 times)  

Admin

Site Admin

Several people have suggested a wildcard day on TPU. This would be a 24 hour period during which TPU would run one of the many popular BF1942 mods aside from classic BF42 or BG42. Ideally the exact mod to be run would be decided ahead of time via poll.

Does this sound like a good idea? It might encourage people to try some of the other mods out there. Being that the server would still be TPU, I would prefer to keep it co-op vs. bots only, but one suggestion was to include the possibility of having PvP (ie Conquest) on wildcard days.

Here are the mod suggestions for wildcard day so far:
- Battlefield 1918
- Forgotten Hope
- Desert Combat Final
- Desert Combat Extended
- Conquest BF42 with TPU-modded maps (PvP)

We could even use the wildcard day to get into Battlefield 2 based mods, like:
- Battlefield 2
- Hard Justice
- Forgotten Hope 2

Post your suggestions for wildcard days here!

-- Jeff (boot13)

Profile Email Website
[TPU]Sisko
 Sunday, May 15 2011 @ 04:23 PM PDT  

hungry2

Forum User

Well I think it is a good idea on some of the things listed. DC,1018 for sure. Even the pvp in pirates sounds tempting. But, would we bring enough players in? Do you think we have enough players with the mods to do this? Ok agreed there is only one way to find out and the only hang up I have is: If we have a pvp and TPU players against TPU players,would some be sore that they would be killed by players they know? My hope is that the less experienced players would not hold any grudge. Now keep in mind this would be a nice way to even the score with a certain server players(DR) you know who I am talking about..so that part sounds good to be able to burn them up woot!!!

But in all this I must ask: Yes sounds way cool for the pvp. But what pandora's box are we opening?

Profile Email Website
Jeff Rivett (site admin)
 Sunday, May 15 2011 @ 09:32 PM PDT  

Admin

Site Admin

I've been thinking the same thing. One thing's for sure: I won't be playing any PvP. But it could be fun to watch.

-- Jeff (boot13)

Profile Email Website
*GP* not-a-bot
 Sunday, May 15 2011 @ 11:13 PM PDT  

Junior

Forum User

Thumbs up from me!
Gosh, there are so many mods though. Eve of Destruction (Vietnam), Galactic Conquest (Star Wars), DC Realism, plus the ones mentioned already. Where to begin??
Personally, I would prefer purely coop, but if a poll is done, and more want conquest style, no big deal. It is one day, and probably not a full day worth of conquest maps.
I agree that communication is essential for this to work well and have a good turnout--and not cause massive confusion! Judging by the number of views to the different blog and forum topics here, I think a lot of players are checking the site for news and info.
I guess I better make sure I have the latest patches for all these mods.....

Profile Email
Jeff Rivett (site admin)
 Wednesday, May 18 2011 @ 08:02 PM PDT  

Admin

Site Admin

I think if we go ahead with this, I want to try DCFinal first. I know it's already working, I just have to create the server config and schedule.

-- Jeff (boot13)

Profile Email Website
[TPU]Sisko
 Friday, May 20 2011 @ 06:56 PM PDT  

indescribable

Forum User

Well what if you had the wild card day, the first initial day, be a surprise? If you do go a head with DC will the all maps be in rotation? or would you just test the ww2 maps aspect of DC?

Profile Email Website
Jeff Rivett (site admin)
 Saturday, May 21 2011 @ 06:22 AM PDT  

Admin

Site Admin

I'll be testing the DCFinal config on TPU in the next few days to make sure it's still working. I will include all the maps; I think there are DC versions of all the classic BF42 maps and two additional ones that are specific to DCFinal.

-- Jeff (boot13)

Profile Email Website
[TPU]Darkryda
 Saturday, May 21 2011 @ 11:45 AM PDT  

Chatty

Forum User

ok i must say i introduced the conquest wild crad day for 2 reasons, 1 is try some maps that dont have coop versions, cean, coral sea etc. and 2 to get some airtime for the race track and urban classic, these 2 maps can be played for just fun, just walking around in these maps is a trip, but when someone shoots at ya, its even more fun. i did not bring up this idea because i like conquest maps, i brought it up because (for coop players) its fun to do something different every now and them. im a terrible conquest player, i go into moongamers and get my as handed to me, so i just snipe. but i honestly believe we could run an entire day for just the race track and everyone would have a hell of a good time, and i bet nobody would even shoot each other, lol but as for urban classic this is a bomb ass conquest map, many many many places to hide and everyone already knows most of its layout

i also thought the wildcard day should be based on a vote system, this way it would show how many people have certain mods or conquest ideas, then go from there.

not a bot has a point, alot of mods have updated patches, maybe we could have a collection of all patch updates somewhere. so as we do atract new players they can come here to update theirs mods and play on the wildcard day easily

Profile Email
[TPU]Sisko
 Saturday, May 21 2011 @ 05:30 PM PDT  

artistic

Forum User

Having a link here on TPU for all the mods and patches is a good idea. Would save a lot players the pain I had to endure in finding them on my own.

Profile Email Website
Jeff Rivett (site admin)
 Sunday, May 22 2011 @ 08:34 AM PDT  

Admin

Site Admin

I will definitely add downloads or at least links to downloads for all the mods I add to the mix.

Ryda, I like the idea of having long sessions of messing around with your maps, because otherwise I might never really play them except in testing. We could have a 'DarkRyda Day', where TPU runs UrbanClassic, Racetrack and any other maps selected by you. Cool.

-- Jeff (boot13)

Profile Email Website

Page navigation

Content generated in: 0.12 seconds New Topic Post Reply
 All times are PDT. The time is now 12:00 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content