Welcome to jdrgaming.com Friday, April 26 2024 @ 03:52 PM PDT

jdrgaming.com Forums

Forum Index > Tanks 'n Planes Unlimited > TPU planned changes New Topic Post Reply
 New router
Prev Topic Next Topic

Jeff Rivett (site admin)
 Saturday, May 07 2011 @ 09:10 AM PDT (Read 2279 times)  

Admin

Site Admin

I will be installing a new router some time in the next few days. I've planned the switch to try to minimize TPU down time, but as always with such changes, stuff sometimes goes wrong, so I have also planned to fall back to the current router in case things go sideways.

The new router probably won't make much difference in terms of TPU gameplay, although it's vaguely possible that traffic-related server crashes will be less likely. The main reason for the switch is improved monitoring: the new router has many features that will allow me to track WAN and LAN traffic separately and get a handle on how busy the router itself gets when TPU traffic is high.

When the switch occurs, TPU will be down for up to 30 minutes.

-- Jeff (boot13)

Profile Email Website
[TPU]Sisko
 Wednesday, May 11 2011 @ 05:05 AM PDT  

tired

Forum User

Hey would the new IP cause the stats to stop tracking? I was asked a "why" question about the stats not being updated for the past two days. I had no answer to give them and so I'm just passing it along.

Profile Email Website
Jeff Rivett (site admin)
 Wednesday, May 11 2011 @ 07:22 AM PDT  

Admin

Site Admin

Thanks for the tip. The stats were definitely not working. It was due to the WAN IP name changing and database permissions on the ASO server that contains the stats database. I made the required change and the TPU stats for the last couple of days are updating as I write this.

-- Jeff (boot13)

Profile Email Website
Content generated in: 0.05 seconds New Topic Post Reply
 All times are PDT. The time is now 03:52 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content