Welcome to jdrgaming.com Friday, April 19 2024 @ 02:23 PM PDT

jdrgaming.com Forums

Forum Index > Tanks 'n Planes Unlimited > Cheers and Jeers New Topic Post Reply
 Several things about TPU I wish I could change

Page navigation

Jeff Rivett (site admin)
 Monday, January 23 2012 @ 05:25 AM PST (Read 6897 times)  

Admin

Site Admin

[1] Eliminate Battle of Britain siren at the British bases. This must be done in such a way that no client map download is required, like all the other mods on TPU. I was able to remove the siren but the modded map had to be on client computers to work.

[2] BFSM source code: I use the excellent BattleField Server Manager (BFSM) by Kevin Lockitt to manage the TPU server. Kevin stopped development of BFSM years ago and his web site is long gone. There are a few bugs I'd like to fix, and a few changes I'd like to make (see below), but I can't do that without the source code. I've tried to contact Kevin a few times but he has not responded. If anyone out there knows how to reach him, let me know.

[3] Bug fixes and other changes to BFSM. An option to force human players to one side would be nice, although that may be difficult without modifying the BF1942 server itself. A fix for the January 1 scheduler bug would be great. I'd like to see more robust Gamespy protocol handling. Better handling of heavy traffic, such as during a DDoS, would be helpful. BFSM doesn't seem to refresh the status page properly. Changing schedules using the remote BFSM doesn't seem to work at all. Lastly, invalid remote login attempts show the password in plain text in the log.

[4] A fix for the 'even teams' problem. Occasionally, a TPU map starts with an Allied:Axis ratio of 1:1. TPU should always run with an uneven ratio, typically 2:1 or 1:2. This one is a mystery.

[5] [DONE] A way to prevent the map from restarting when the second player joins. I think this one is buried deep in the BF1942 server code, so we're probably stuck with it. UPDATE: this problem was resolved with a custom patch from Tuia of bfmods.com!

-- Jeff (boot13)

Profile Email Website
[TPU]Sisko
 Friday, January 27 2012 @ 12:21 AM PST  

grumpy

Forum User

: ( jeers! When a player see you waiting on your plane to spawn and they know you are indeed waiting "shoot you on purpose and tking to get your plane to me,is so wrong" and if thats not bad enough and they would come up with oops or my finger slip. Yeah right and they are only a few who does this and how lame can you be? TM and myself can put up with a lot before we get sore and this right here is the fastest way to do that. Just shows absolutely no respect for other players or even the game it's self. I am glad I don't see this much but this is down right dirty! Well I will say this, I have always been very lenient and very patient however, I think this does cross the line and as I said I am glad we don't see this much. Rolling Eyes

Profile Email Website
Jeff Rivett (site admin)
 Friday, January 27 2012 @ 05:27 AM PST  

Admin

Site Admin

Yeah, that's a bad one, and if someone does that again after being warned, that's a paddlin' (i.e. kick or ban).

-- Jeff (boot13)

Profile Email Website
DracoDrake
 Tuesday, February 07 2012 @ 09:13 PM PST  

Junior

Forum User

hey what happened to the server?

Profile Email
[TPU]Sisko
 Tuesday, February 07 2012 @ 09:19 PM PST  

Forum User

Don't worry, Jeff advised that the server will be up soon. It maybe down until morning, sorry for any inconvenience.

Profile Email Website
[TPU]Darkryda
 Tuesday, February 07 2012 @ 11:07 PM PST  

Chatty

Forum User

do u have a facebook? if u do look for tanks n planes on facebook, i posted the server was down

Profile Email
Jeff Rivett (site admin)
 Wednesday, February 08 2012 @ 06:16 AM PST  

Admin

Site Admin

Quote by: [TPU]Darkryda

do u have a facebook? if u do look for tanks n planes on facebook, i posted the server was down

Thanks for doing that, Ryda. I wasn't in a position to do that during the outage.

-- Jeff (boot13)

Profile Email Website
[TPU]TenaciousMojo
 Sunday, February 26 2012 @ 10:54 AM PST  

Forum User

Regarding Keivin Lockitt- Looks like he is no longer at blue tongue entertainment. The latest news I could find reports that the developer has shut its doors. According to his profile link- no account- on facebook he left the software firm in 2010. He does have an account on linked-in however: ( http://www.linkedin.com/in/kevinlockitt ) I'm guessing here, but given his extensive education and employment history within the same region, One would think he's probably still there. A quick whitepages search yeilded two K Lockitt's in the Melbourne region. Have you already tried messaging him on his account at Linked-in?

Profile Email
Jeff Rivett (site admin)
 Monday, February 27 2012 @ 05:11 AM PST  

Admin

Site Admin

Quote by: [TPU]TenaciousMojo

Regarding Keivin Lockitt- Have you already tried messaging him on his account at Linked-in?

I don't recall doing that, no. I tried just now but the only way I can send him Mail is if I upgrade my LinkedIn membership, and the only way I can Invite him is if I know his email address. Are you able to message him via LinkedIn at all?

-- Jeff (boot13)

Profile Email Website
[TPU]TenaciousMojo
 Monday, February 27 2012 @ 09:37 AM PST  

Forum User

No, unable to message him without doing the upgrade/paying a sum as well. I'm completely unfamiliar with linked-in, and only joined it yesterday with a false name/e-mail, as it told me it wanted to post on facebook on my behalf, as well as have complete accesss to all my personal information. Maybe we should just be bold and phone the two K. Lockitt's listed in the Melbourne region, lol

Profile Email

Page navigation

Content generated in: 0.11 seconds New Topic Post Reply
 All times are PDT. The time is now 02:23 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content