Welcome to jdrgaming.com
Saturday, February 16 2019 @ 05:44 PM -08

TPU (Tanks n Planes Unlimited)

TPU planned outage June 7 - 8

The TPU server is going down at about 7am PST on June 7. Since I'm moving, it's hard to predict when it will be back up, but hopefully it will be running again by June 10. The server IP will probably change, so you may need to update your in-game server list.


There have been a few reports of lag on the TPU server lately. Anyone who can verify this: please leave a comment to this post or send email to jrivett AT jrdgaming DOT com.



TPU not appearing in server lists?

FIXED. The lesson: a three parter:

  1. Don't upgrade router firmware unless there is a good reason to do so.
  2. If you do upgrade router firmware, make sure you can revert to the previous version before you start. If you can't, there had better be a REALLY good reason for upgrading.
  3. If you're going to upgrade, make sure that you use the correct version for the hardware revision.

UPDATE: if you can't see the TPU server in your in-game browser, you can still connect to it directly at this IP:

DarkRyda reports that some users are unable to see the TPU server in their in-game server browser. Apparently this may have been going on for some time. I did notice a drop-off in player numbers in the past few weeks.

I checked a few third-party tools, including Game-Monitor, which shows accurate, up to date information on the TPU server. Other tools show it as well. I added a Game-Monitor block to this site as well, which you can see to the right.

On my own game machine, the BF1942 in-game browser doesn't show the TPU server, but I'm not sure that's a useful test, since I'm on the same LAN as the server and subject to the same router port forwarding rules.

I would appreciate feedback from anyone who uses TPU or has tried to use it: does the TPU server appear in your in-game server browser? Let me know either way, by adding a comment here, posting to the related thread in the discussion forums, or by sending email to me directly:

Send email to Jeff

Old stats re-enabled

I've re-enabled the old stats system, because it shows a few things that the new system doesn't have, like player rankings per map and server stats. It's still at the original location: oneirozoo.com.

I also reset the old stats system and reprocessed the data to match the new stats system, which started operation early on February 10, 2009.

You may notice that the stats on the two sites don't always match perfectly. I won't be able to find or fix any bugs in the old stats system since I don't have the source code, but I'm still looking into possible bugs in the new stats system and will fix any I find.

Stats reprocessing complete

Stats reprocessing was completed as planned early this morning. While the main player and map summary stats haven't changed, most of the detailed stats are now much more accurate and useful.

Three major problems were fixed: 1) kills of bots by human players were not being recorded except in the main summary; 2) character type (kit) usage numbers were not being counted correctly; and 3) vehicle usage numbers were not being counted correctly.

These three issues have been resolved. Areas of the stats site that should now be much more accurate include the player details for character type, weapon and vehicle use; the character type list on the character type usage page; the vehicle usage page and the weapons page. The weapons page now shows kills by weapon category.

You may notice that some of the detailed numbers still don't match up perfectly with the summary numbers. This is being looked into as well, but it may be simply the result of missing information in the game logs.

Stats reprocessing

Tonight I will clear the stats in preparation for reprocessing all the data since about February 10, using the new stats processing software. Several major bugs have been fixed and the resulting stats should be much more accurate and useful.

Server search now works

The server search function at the bottom of the main TPU stats page was not working and the associated year dropdown list was not up to date. Both of these issues have been resolved and server search now works correctly.

Player last seen date is now correct

There was a bug in the player details on the TPU stats site whereby the 'last seen' date/time for every player was the same as 'last seen' for player 1. This bug has been corrected. 'Last seen' now shows when the player last played on the server.