Welcome to jdrgaming.com Friday, April 19 2024 @ 09:55 PM PDT

jdrgaming.com Forums

Forum Index > Tanks 'n Planes Unlimited > TPU help New Topic Post Reply
 Old school PC components
Prev Topic Next Topic

[TPU]Sisko
 Friday, May 17 2013 @ 03:36 AM PDT (Read 2853 times)  

Forum User

If anyone wants some free old school pc parts, let me know and I will send them to you. I have some clutter that I need to depart from and before I dump them, I thought I would ask if anyone would want them. Mainly for those who like to collect old pc hardware for a hobby and whatnots, all in perfect condition:

3 1/2?floppy drives, sorry no 5 1/4 floppy drives.
CD and DVD drives. Speed ranges from 4x to 32x
Ethernet cards.
Wireless cards
Creative sound blaster audio cards.
Video cards. PCI VGA and SVGA
SDRAM,RDRAM,and Continuity modules
Hard Drives: These are the old puppies, like the Quantum Bigfoot and other Hard Drives that date between 1987 to 2002.
Early ATA cables and SCSI.
And more....

Profile Email Website
Jeff Rivett (site admin)
 Friday, May 17 2013 @ 05:28 AM PDT  

Admin

Site Admin

Thanks for the offer, but I've got a pile of my own to get rid of. I've just retired two servers and still have most of the parts from Hubie sitting around. Here in Vancouver, there's a place that takes donations of old computer hardware, builds fully-functioning PCs out of it, installs Linux on the PCs and provides them free to people of limited income. I'll most likely donate to them (after wiping the hard drives of course!)

-- Jeff (boot13)

Profile Email Website
[TPU]Sisko
 Friday, May 17 2013 @ 11:43 PM PDT  

Forum User

Yeah, donation looks like a great idea. Over the years I've been a little hoarder in computers. But I knew some like collecting older parts as a hobby but time to move on and as for those Hard drives, I did a zero to fill format on them a while back. I think what's funny is that these older components still works as new. I've seen friends get New Dells or HP and have them fail, like the logic board and have to send them in for repair and its funny seeing ones that are big as a house and heavy as a tank, still work.... I just find them fascinating and the early games too. The Oregon Trail was a favy of mine back in the day.

Profile Email Website
Content generated in: 0.04 seconds New Topic Post Reply
 All times are PDT. The time is now 09:55 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content