Welcome to jdrgaming.com Thursday, March 28 2024 @ 05:32 PM PDT

jdrgaming.com Forums

Forum Index > Everything else > General discussion New Topic Post Reply
 Dcx vs DC FINAL

Page navigation

Prev Topic Next Topic

[TPU]Sisko
 Wednesday, July 25 2012 @ 09:42 AM PDT (Read 13307 times)  

Forum User

Howdy folks, I was talking with TenaciouS about the two and we both was wondering if DC FINAL would ever come back over Dcx and we both was wondering if this could be put in the poles. After playing almost all various Desert Combat mods, it is a hard toss up between these two. Each has pros and cons, DC Final maps seems to be more stable and yet Dcx has a more realism feel to it, the bots AI in Dcx is higher than BG42 <---to me that is and so it makes Dcx a real challenge however, Final has more stuff and the maps are laid out better in regards to helos and jets. So for me it is a toss up but I can say this, when Final was on TPU, we had way more attendance than Dcx. A con for this would be: some may have to reinstall Final or download it again and that can be painful for some.

Profile Email Website
Jeff Rivett (site admin)
 Wednesday, July 25 2012 @ 12:33 PM PDT  

Admin

Site Admin

Good question. I'll set up a new poll.

-- Jeff (boot13)

Profile Email Website
[TPU]Sisko
 Thursday, July 26 2012 @ 05:38 PM PDT  

Forum User

Thanks Jeff.

Want a crazy idea that my not be practical? BG for one day, DC for one day, BF1918 for one day and then EOD the last day. So regular BF42 will still have three days. That way all mods are done in a week, talk about choices. I see players that look forward to 1918 and EOD, myself I am a DC and EOD nut, but having all on the server in a single week? Yes crazy, but spicy. Doesn't hurt to bring ideas here right? Even though not practical? I see it as a concept really, heck I don't even know if a server can be set up that way anyway. But to be honest, we have had request to have more regular 42 days btw.

Profile Email Website
J.Nitro
 Tuesday, August 07 2012 @ 05:53 PM PDT  

Forum User

DC Final!- I think more folks would drop in, EOD all day sunday , cuz its so fun and Good ol 1942 on Mon. , BG 42 to Wed. whatdya think?

Profile Email
[TPU]Sisko
 Tuesday, August 07 2012 @ 10:53 PM PDT  

Forum User

Nitro, Final may just happen, the polls are on it's favor. But that would be awesome to have a change up. Problem? The players I've spoke with on BG days, they look forward to Sundays for BG. It's like that thing you can't wait to do. Personally, EOD is by far my fav mods over all of them and I look forward to see it every other week. Problem with EOD? Not a thing! Like 98% of the maps don't crash and it's one smooth mod, everything is laid out very nice and the graphics out do BG, even the sound is awesome while BG tanks are so darn loud. With all the maps and stuff, EOD is still new to me and maybe thats why I like it more over the rest of them, I'm just glad I can play it when I can now. So if it's every other week, I will take it with a grin..

Profile Email Website
J.Nitro
 Tuesday, September 11 2012 @ 01:43 PM PDT  

Forum User

Gimme that soapbox, I'm short. shuup DR,,,(lol),,,,,anyways it 9-11-12 was hope'n to play a lil DC final, anyways another tuesday nothin , been a month or more, still waiting,. thanks. Joe (the aimless bot one)

Profile Email
Jeff Rivett (site admin)
 Wednesday, September 12 2012 @ 05:47 AM PDT  

Admin

Site Admin

Okay, Joe, you got it. The vote results are clear. Next Tuesday, we're back to DCFinal.

-- Jeff (boot13)

Profile Email Website
J.Nitro
 Wednesday, September 12 2012 @ 03:26 PM PDT  

Forum User

sweet!!! I look forward to crashing helo's for you'z guyz entertainment purposes (stay back 100 feet) haha Thanks, signed Your friendly neighborhood Nitroman

Profile Email
DracoDrake
 Thursday, September 13 2012 @ 01:06 AM PDT  

Junior

Forum User

I dont know if I can get my Battlefield to work since going to linix. And J.Nitro if I can I will join ya aha.

Profile Email
Jeff Rivett (site admin)
 Thursday, September 13 2012 @ 05:35 AM PDT  

Admin

Site Admin

Quote by: DracoDrake

I dont know if I can get my Battlefield to work since going to linix.

Apparently the BF42 client will run under Linux with Wine:
http://www.wine-reviews.net/games/battlefield-1942-on-linux-with-wine.html

-- Jeff (boot13)

Profile Email Website

Page navigation

Content generated in: 0.11 seconds New Topic Post Reply
 All times are PDT. The time is now 05:32 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content