Welcome to jdrgaming.com Wednesday, April 24 2024 @ 06:07 PM PDT

jdrgaming.com Forums

Forum Index > Everything else > General discussion New Topic Post Reply
 battlefield stopped working
Prev Topic Next Topic

[TPU]Darkryda
 Thursday, March 22 2012 @ 02:37 PM PDT (Read 2777 times)  

Chatty

Forum User

i got a buddy, he plays as yokillamane, he says his bf stopped working all of a sudden, he called and said in the middle of game play (off line) it went to a black screen, when he tried to ctrl,alt, delete, it went to a white screen and comp locked up. he restarted the comp and everytime he tries to play BF the Battlefield 1942 screen comes up then freezes the comp.
he is not a computer man, so i know he hasnt been messing with the files, and everytime he tried to reinstall it locks up. im not sure if the game itself is the problem or if his computer just cant play it anymore, im sure its not a powerful comp, just a family model. as it sits his battlefield will not work, it locks his comp up everytime he tries.
my question is.... u think if i made a copy of my entire battlefield file and take it over there and replace all his files with mine, that could fix it?
im going out there saturday.

Profile Email
[TPU]Sisko
 Thursday, March 22 2012 @ 03:24 PM PDT  

Forum User

Dark, it would help if you could get his pc info. Ram/chipset etc,etc & also video card too. A similar thing happen to me in Indonesia and this is how I fix my problem. Even tho I had my macbook pro (laptop), I was running xp and I uninstalled everything and went to the programs folder and deleted the ea games folder then reinstall everything and it worked just fine. Sadly it can be a number of things. But try that and see if it works, is he able to use his pc for everything or does this only happens when bf loads? Maybe his disk is dirty, maybe there is a virus stopping it, could be a scratched disk <---see what I mean about so many things. But I am also leaning on his video card going Kaput.

Profile Email Website
[TPU]Darkryda
 Thursday, March 22 2012 @ 03:47 PM PDT  

Chatty

Forum User

yeah im thinking he may have used up his video card too, im gonna dump my main bf file on his comp and see what happens, ill also try to get ya some info on his comp

Profile Email
Jeff Rivett (site admin)
 Friday, March 23 2012 @ 10:08 AM PDT  

Admin

Site Admin

It sounds like his video card is fried. Is he able to run any other games? Tell him to open the computer and make sure that the card is seated firmly in its slot. It could also be his power supply.

-- Jeff (boot13)

Profile Email Website
[TPU]Sisko
 Sunday, April 08 2012 @ 01:21 PM PDT  

Forum User

Forgotten Hope revisited,released Mar 30, 2012.

Profile Email Website
Content generated in: 0.07 seconds New Topic Post Reply
 All times are PDT. The time is now 06:07 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content