Welcome to jdrgaming.com Friday, April 19 2024 @ 03:15 PM PDT

jdrgaming.com Forums

Forum Index > Everything else > War Stories New Topic Post Reply
 Berlin
Prev Topic

[TPU]Hellfire
 Tuesday, February 28 2012 @ 07:32 PM PST (Read 2678 times)  

Junior

Forum User

Oh man, I just gotta write about this one. It was the first time the bots have put up any kind of serious challange. It was Berlin map on DCX and there was only me and one other human player(can't remember his/her name) and we were on axis rotation. Now usually on this map its no challenge to get the 3 flags and just camp by the allied spawn(only thing u can do) but not today. Now I usually take the outside track, circle around and creep my way toward their spawn but right away I noticed a high volume of bots coming my way. "Perfect!", I thought to myself, "Easy pickin's",right?. WRONG! I emptied my PK machine gun(3 clips of 150) and after a series of small arms fire was forced to retreat. Now this was funny. When I tried to return to my original spawn(ammo) I found my partner desperately manning the stationary machine gun (also out of ammo,lol) and wave after serious wave of allies flooding into the spawn. I did an about face only to encounter my persistent foes which moments before I had been slaughtering. They were pissed. There was about ten of them(maybe more) and then I saw what appeared to be a spec of dirt on my screen which quickly grew into a full sized, flying allied grenade.
"Oh Shi......." BANG!
From there it was on, this meant war. No-one grenades me, no-one. So obviously they had us backed into a corner( the lower spawn) and it was all we could do to keep it. And guess what happened again....... that's right you guessed it.... grenades. And lots of them. Now i guess the only saving grace was we were both machine gunners and seemed to be spelling each other off at the dinner table( they were serving lead). Finally the round ended in our favor but like I said, probably the most action I've seen on Berlin and that's hard to do. Those bots were jacked.

Profile Email Website
Jeff Rivett (site admin)
 Wednesday, February 29 2012 @ 04:57 AM PST  

Admin

Site Admin

It's interesting to see this kind of thing on familiar maps in different mods. It looks like some of the mods have had their AI tweaked. Possibly the AI changes are made on a map basis, or they could be mod-wide. Would you say that the bots in DCX are generally better than the vanilla BF1942 bots?

-- Jeff (boot13)

Profile Email Website
[TPU]Hellfire
 Wednesday, February 29 2012 @ 10:48 AM PST  

Junior

Forum User

Oh yes. I would definately say the dcx bots are at a much higher skill level(accuracy, pathfinding, vehicle operation) but I mean don't get me wrong, they still do some pretty stupid stuff.

Profile Email Website
Jeff Rivett (site admin)
 Thursday, March 01 2012 @ 04:25 AM PST  

Admin

Site Admin

Yeah, I've yet to see a bot that can drive a vehicle non-stupidly. They fly pretty well, though. Probably because there's no way to get stuck behind something in the air.

-- Jeff (boot13)

Profile Email Website
[TPU]Sisko
 Thursday, March 01 2012 @ 01:21 PM PST  

Forum User

Speaking of bots and actual intelligence of bots, I always thought of BG being the smartest and 2nd would be FH, but you know I have a new belief on the smartest. EOD!!! I tell you what, these bots will remember your pattern and out flank you. It makes it a whole new understanding of AI for a game old as 42 and all its franchises (mods). In EOD, the bots can actually shot a nice dead on shot from a helo and that is just flat out wicked.

Profile Email Website
[TPU]Hellfire
 Thursday, March 01 2012 @ 11:43 PM PST  

Junior

Forum User

Now I have yet to play EOD (sound problems), but I was reading somewhere that EOD was the original BF1942 Mod. So I suppose if that were true then there has been lots of time to tweak the bots. Or maybe it was just phenomenal original programming, although if this was the case, why are the install files so huge. Just a thought.

Profile Email Website
Content generated in: 0.06 seconds New Topic Post Reply
 All times are PDT. The time is now 03:15 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content