Forum Index > Tanks 'n Planes Unlimited > TPU suggestions New Topic Post Reply
 Wildcard days

Page navigation

Prev Topic Next Topic

[TPU]Sisko
 Sunday, September 11 2011 @ 08:11 AM PDT  

stressed

Forum User

Hey Doc, yeah that sounds flat out cool. I already have your map pack and like always,they rock! I will say this, it will never be boring. Cool

Profile Email Website
[TPU]Darkryda
 Sunday, September 11 2011 @ 08:59 AM PDT  

Chatty
indifferent

Forum User

well next wild card day is gonna be FH, and yes i did download all the dc final and forgotten hope files so ill be around for the next rounds this week, ill also hook up nitro. how does sept 21 sound? or maybe the 28, some people may not have the map pack yet. and the more announcements before the day would encourage those with out it to get it.
also another thing when they are already in the map list for the server we can always change it to one of these maps upon request of player, one day me, mojo and nitro set it to play the train raid at mill once, its a conquest only map and we had alot of fun. when it was over it went back to original list of bg42.
but we was the only ones int here at the time, the website still tracked our stats, but i dont want to get in a habit of changing the game play to maps not on the list for the day.
i do want our 6 maps that were made for tpu to be played on tpu, but im also not greedy.

oh yeah when we are sure just about everyone has the map pack, an all day long race track would be killer, and may even grow into a regular schedule

Profile Email
[TPU]Sisko
 Sunday, September 11 2011 @ 09:09 AM PDT  

stressed

Forum User

Dark, yeah I will definitely be doing some in game awareness in regards to your map pack. The race track does sounds cool and I use that map when upgrading my flying techs.... Smile

Profile Email Website
[TPU]Darkryda
 Sunday, September 11 2011 @ 09:36 AM PDT  

Chatty

Forum User

yeah that map honned in my flying skills for sure, when the kink clan came around and wanted me to fly the britain course, i nailed in like just a few attempts (of course i crashed a few times with my heart pounding like it was) but yeah after coming from the race track it made that course easy, needless to say they was impressed. i think if we did do an all day long race track, almost nobody would be shooting at anyone, i picture groups of planes flying around playing follow the leader, maybe some others in jeeps jumping off shit, and prolly some dude in a boat waiting for that line of planes to come along and get it on film.

oh yeah if there is anyone out there which knows how to put turbo on the cars, i need to holler at ya, for real!!!

Profile Email
Jeff Rivett (site admin)
 Monday, September 12 2011 @ 07:41 AM PDT  

Admin

Site Admin

Quote by: [TPU]Darkryda

how does sept 21 sound? or maybe the 28, some people may not have the map pack yet. and the more announcements before the day would encourage those with out it to get it. also another thing when they are already in the map list for the server we can always change it to one of these maps upon request of player

Either Sep 21 or Sep 28 look okay to me. I've uploaded the DarkRyda map pack maps to the server, so they should be visible in the server manager after the next team flip.

As for announcements, there are a bunch of different ways to get the message out, including posting on the jdrgaming site; posting the event in the jdrgaming calendar; adding an in-game announcement to the rotating list; and using in-game chat to tell active players. I was already planning to do the first two, and I can add an in-game announcement if you think that would help. As for in-game chat, I'll leave that up to the rest of you who play more often than me anyway.

-- Jeff (boot13)

Profile Email Website
[TPU]Sisko
 Monday, September 12 2011 @ 01:13 PM PDT  

stressed

Forum User

Ok here is something, capture the flag? Is that something that might sound interesting with your maps? Idea

Profile Email Website
Jeff Rivett (site admin)
 Monday, September 12 2011 @ 05:28 PM PDT  

Admin

Site Admin

Quote by: [TPU]Sisko

Ok here is something, capture the flag? Is that something that might sound interesting with your maps? Idea

Actually, yes. I think it would work well on maps that have extra spawns like most of the TPU maps, because you can catch a ride to the flag and back to your base, so there's less walking. Also, there would be less killing (of each other, I think, with CTF). Interesting idea.

-- Jeff (boot13)

Profile Email Website
[TPU]Sisko
 Tuesday, September 13 2011 @ 04:54 AM PDT  

Forum User

Well I look at it like this: Being in hot pursuit with some of TPU's finest. I can just imagine myself running after TM and even Boot lol. But seeing players with their tactics while running to capture, (just sounds like good and clean fun.) I know Mojo would love this however, most of TPU's newest players have told me "I like this server for coop, it's why I come to play here". So some pros and cons for sure. So if TPU goes a head with this, I will be keeping an ear out for players thoughts on the matter. But Jeff, thank you for FH on wed.

Profile Email Website
[TPU]Darkryda
 Tuesday, September 13 2011 @ 05:37 PM PDT  

Chatty

Forum User

actually u could go ahead and add a few ctf maps to that, this list is really a good display of a "wild card" and again it would only be 1 day. the idea behind the wild card day is that it could be "anything" even just another day of regular bf1942. i hate to say this but iv played ctf on the CKUA server (i figure since they have been dropping by and not talking shit, then its time for me to honor them by playing in ckua sometimes) anyway stalingrad ctf is not bad and i bet karkov would be interesting, or maybe some bridge mining action at the bocage, lol
iv been telling people on tpu about the map pack trying to encourage them to get it, id like to avoid the moment of "map not found" popping up on new comers screens, that can run most people off "oh hell, they play maps i aint got, screw that server, ill never get in" sometimes i think i am the worst promoter of the map pack since it has my name on it, like im trying to be the big guy, lol i really feel like that, i can feel people thinking, "whatever, map modder dude woohooo"

Profile Email
Jeff Rivett (site admin)
 Wednesday, September 14 2011 @ 08:21 AM PDT  

Admin

Site Admin

Quote by: [TPU]Darkryda

actually u could go ahead and add a few ctf maps to that, this list is really a good display of a "wild card" and again it would only be 1 day.

Okay, sounds reasonable. We can keep updating the DarkRyda Day map list and use it again later.

-- Jeff (boot13)

Profile Email Website

Page navigation

Content generated in: 0.14 seconds New Topic Post Reply
 All times are PDT. The time is now 05:11 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content