Page navigation

Prev Topic

Cilens
 Wednesday, December 28 2011 @ 08:37 AM PST  

angelic

Forum User

Quote by: Jeff Rivett (site admin)

Quote by: Cilens

Freezing issues have been less on average, but some maps are near unplayable or ground all player-airforce due to it. Rolling Eyes
The worst has been Operation Clean Sweep in that matter where at some point my game would freeze up for 30 seconds mid-flight.

Wow. I don't have that problem at all, which means one of two thing, I think: either your hardware is reaching some kind of limit on that map, or it's a network thing, since the pipe between my client and the server is a lot bigger than the pipe between your client and the server.

Any time you're in that situation, feel free to switch away from that map.

Doesn't do it on local, but does it on other servers regardless of ping. The mod must have stirred up some sort of engine/network(-ing) balance.
Can always switch away though.

Keep the feedback coming; it all helps.

Wink

Profile Email
*GP* not-a-bot
 Wednesday, December 28 2011 @ 07:43 PM PST  

Junior

Forum User

HJ has been running fairly smoothly for me, I know the features and maps that stress my system. As Jeff and I discussed in-game once, the maps that have a lot of trees give my system fits to render. Also, although I enjoy flying the NOTAR Littlebird, I have noticed that my FPS drop dramatically on more than one map while using it vs other aircraft.
If Clean Sweep is the map I think it is, I have pretty good luck with it. I zoom all over the map in a jet and it runs smoothly.

Profile Email
Jeff Rivett (site admin)
 Thursday, December 29 2011 @ 05:38 AM PST  

Admin

Site Admin

Quote by: CilensDoesn't do it on local, but does it on other servers regardless of ping. The mod must have stirred up some sort of engine/network(-ing) balance.

Interesting. Could I get you to do a couple of things for me?
1. Run the ICSI Netalyzer (link below).
2. When you run into those serious lag issues on Clean Sweep (or anywhere else on the BF2 server), make a quick note of the date, time, map and vehicle.
http://netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/index.html

-- Jeff (boot13)

Profile Email Website
Cilens
 Thursday, December 29 2011 @ 02:41 PM PST  

sleepy

Forum User

Interesting. Could I get you to do a couple of things for me?
1. Run the ICSI Netalyzer (link below).
2. When you run into those serious lag issues on Clean Sweep (or anywhere else on the BF2 server), make a quick note of the date, time, map and vehicle.
http://netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/index.htm

Thanks for posting that, I ran it and only got minor aberrations:
(Some) Fragmented UDP traffic is blocked

And my computer clock is 7 seconds slow Big Grin Oops!

The problem seems to be the mod however as I haven't experienced 30 sec freezing up mid-flight type of lag with other BF2 mods (or on BF1942 other than the BG choppiness, and heck not even in BFV)
It's a shame as HJ has been fairly good! However as I said more than half the maps don't do crippling lag and I:
Quote by: Cilens

Also I'm not sure about how FH2's unique .exe changes the way a BF2 server behaves.. or that what modding decision made them do this, as it's pretty unpractical and weird.

Profile Email
Jeff Rivett (site admin)
 Friday, December 30 2011 @ 04:47 AM PST  

Admin

Site Admin

Quote by: CilensThanks for posting that, I ran it and only got minor aberrations:
(Some) Fragmented UDP traffic is blocked

That one is interesting. One possible source for the lag is that when certain internal limits are reached, the server starts sending more fragmented UDP packets. If those packets are blocked by your ISP, router, or something else at your end, it could explain the massive lag issues you're seeing.

Quote by: CilensAlso I'm not sure about how FH2's unique .exe changes the way a BF2 server behaves.. or that what modding decision made them do this, as it's pretty unpractical and weird.[/p]

Agreed - it's weird. As for what's different, one of the problems I've run into is that if the server or client crashes, it can leave the game in a messed up state, and the only way to fix it is to run a special utility. Not ideal.

-- Jeff (boot13)

Profile Email Website
*GP* not-a-bot
 Friday, July 13 2012 @ 07:31 PM PDT  

Junior

Forum User

Forgotten Hope 2's newest version was released today, 7/13/12. Version 2.45.
http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/

Unfortunately, there isn't a patch available from the previous version; you have to remove your current files and download the full installation to 2.45. At least it is only in 2 parts vs 3 parts last time....
Oh, and FYI, I tried to download from FH2's 1st suggested mirror in the US, from moddb.com. But I as I type this, that site hasn't finished vetting the files yet.

Enjoy!

Profile Email
Jeff Rivett (site admin)
 Saturday, July 14 2012 @ 04:44 AM PDT  

Admin

Site Admin

Thanks for that, not-a-bot. I'll start the work of updating server ASAP.

-- Jeff (boot13)

Profile Email Website

Page navigation

Content generated in: 0.09 seconds New Topic Post Reply
 All times are PDT. The time is now 05:01 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Anonymous users can post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content