A new version of Forgotten Hope 2 was just released. Version 2.47 includes a few map changes (listed below), but the main change involves fixes for the demise of Gamespy.
Gamespy services for Battlefield 2 and many other games will cease to function soon, some time in the next few weeks. For Battlefield 2, this presents two problems: first, the standard Battlefield 2 client will no longer allow players to log in using their Gamespy/IGN account, which means no online play will be possible. At all. Second, the in-game server browser will no longer function, so the only way to join a server would be to enter its IP address.
The new FH2 client gets around both of these problems. The developers of FH2 and Project Reality have created a replacement server for the user account and master server browser functionality in BF2. The new FH2 client connects to the new server back-end to allow user login (your existing accounts are migrated) and server browsing. For this to work properly, FH2 servers must also now use a new server executable that also connects to the new back-end server.
I'll be working on upgrading the JDRGaming BF2 server over the next day or so and will post status updates here.
The Forgotten Hope 2 2.46 client launcher will offer to update your FH2 client the next time you run it. You might want to consider holding off until the servers you play on have upgraded to 2.47.
- Omaha: tickets and spawn conditions of 2nd flag group equipment changed
- Gold Beach: new vehicles added and German artillery setup changed, German assault kit with MP34
- Minor changes to Sidi Rezegh (added back main base artillery) and Falaise Pocket (removed lewis gun)
- Added Omaha 16 player layer
- Singleplayer added to Omaha, with changes for Gold Beach and Villers Bocage
- Fixed aiming with the Gewehr 41
- Fixed the physics of the Puma and Ju52
- Improved ragdoll settings