Surprise, surprise. Microsoft has already started backtracking on some of its less enlightened policies for the XBox One.
The changes are:
- An Internet connection will not be required to play any disc-based game. As with the XBox 360, disc-based games can only be played with the disc in the console.
- There will not be a requirement to connect to the Internet every 24 hours.
- There will be no limitations on how games can be shared, loaned, resold or traded, except that you cannot do any of those things with downloaded games.
- You will be able to play downloaded games offline.
- There will be no regional restrictions limiting where games can be played.
Never underestimate the power of the Internet.