New version of Forgotten Hope 2
Saturday, July 14 2012 @ 06:04 AM PST
Contributed by: Jeff Rivett (site admin)
Version 2.45 of Forgotten Hope 2 has been released. The new version has a TON of updates, including fixes for some annoying bugs and several new maps. The full details are on the FH2 web site.
I will be testing the new version over the next couple of days, and if all goes well, the TPU BF2 server will start running 2.45 soon after that.
UPDATE: The new FH2 server has a glitch with co-op mode, but I worked with some of the developers and they came up with a fix, so the TPU BF2 server is now running the latest FH2. Two maps were removed, and three were added.
The new client files - there are two this time - have been added to the Files and Links page.Notable changes in this version include:
- Stg44 pickups removed from maps (boo), but G43 and Stg44 still available in kits
- lots of ticket/bleed changes
- jumping stamina drain removed
- bots can now apparently work with humans on artillery
- new bot strategies and fixes
- decreased rifle recoil
- added artillery direct fire
- improved plane handling
- improved player collision meshes (many)
- destroyable barbed wire
- new minimap icons for some big guns