More map tweaks from DarkRyda
Sunday, December 18 2011 @ 06:15 AM PST
Contributed by: Jeff Rivett (site admin)
DarkRyda's been hard at work dealing with some long-standing map issues and requests.
- The Road to Rome map Baytown now has more (and better) tanks, along with some much-needed artillery.
- Lots of changes for the Battlegroup 1942 version of Wake Island:
- Added more ships to both sides: Axis = 1 carrier and 3 destroyers; Allies = 1 battleship, 2 destroyers and a support ship.
- Changed the tanks on the island: Axis = 57mm Chi-Ha, 47mm Chi-Ha; Allies = M3 General Lee, M3 Satan (flamethrower).
- Changed all AA guns to German Flak36.
- Used all classic TPU locations for new AA guns.
- Changed the ticket count rundown rate so the map doesn't end when Axis takes all the flags; now the Allies have ships as a fall-back.
- Added plane locations at the airfield so now there are 4 planes (used the BF109 and B17 locations from the original TPU BF1942 Wake map).
- The previously non-TPU-modded BG42 map 4302 Faid Pass has been given the TPU treatment:
- Added 3 more tank spawns at the center flag.
- Changed the side flags to spawn different tanks from each other to add variety to the map, instead of both side flags spawning the same things.
- Gave the Allies a bomber, the Bristol Beaufort.
- Changed the AA guns to Flak36.
- Both sides have 2 different kinds of stationary artillery (big boys).
- Changed the entire tank layout. Allies now have:
- T19 HMC (apc) 105mm
- M4 Sherman
- M10 Wolverine
- M3 Grant
- M3 Lee
- M3 Stuart
- M26 Pershing
- M1931/B-4 (mobile artillery)
- Axis now have:
- Panzer 38t
- Panzer IV F2
- Panther G
- STUG III G
- STUG III B
- Semovente 75/18